Addison Faith Bender was the light of her parents’ eyes. Just before Addi’s second birthday, she lost her battle with pediatric brain cancer. In honor of their daughter, Amber and Tony Bender launched Addi’s Faith Foundation (AFF) to raise money for pediatric brain cancer research and to help families with children battling cancer.

To further raise money for AFF, Amber became involved with fundraising through viaONEHOPE. Through viaONEHOPE, Cause Entrepreneur ONEHOPE (CEO) Amber and others can host wine parties where a percentage of the sales benefit AFF.

“Someone had a party for Addi’s Faith Foundation and contacted us about donating to our cause,” Amber said. “When I went to the first fundraiser, I saw how much fun they were and how it benefited our foundation as well as other charities. I love wine and I love giving back so it was a perfect fit.”

Through ONEHOPE, each wine varietal has a charity or cause the proceeds benefit. When someone hosts a wine party through the company, they can also choose a secondary charity to benefit. Anyone can host a tasting via ONEHOPE and select the nonprofit organization of their choice who will receive 15 percent of the profits.

“This is another great opportunity for me to share our story in an intimate setting and raise money for our cause,” Amber said. “We encourage anyone interested in hosting a wine party through ONEHOPE to join us in our efforts to taste great wine while giving back to great nonprofit organizations.”

To date, AFF has given a total of $275,000 for families caring for a child with cancer and has committed  $1.5 million to MD Anderson Cancer Center specifically for pediatric brain tumor research. Additionally, through Amber’s role as a viaONEHOPE CEO she is able to make direct donations to AFF while sharing the mission of her nonprofit with others in her community and beyond.

For more information visit onehopewine.com.

Before you go …

… we’ve got a small favor to ask. More people are reading The Tribune than ever. Advertising revenues across the media  spectrum are falling fast. And unlike many news organizations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The Tribune's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure. Support the only locally owned, locally produced news product in the Lake Houston area.  And thank you!

Jennifer L. Summer
Author: Jennifer L. SummerEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.