Join the Aggie Moms at the party July 22.

The Kingwood/Humble Area Aggie Moms Club will host its annual Howdy Party July 22, from 3-5 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Kingwood, 3500 Woodland Hills Dr. The party is held every summer to kick off the upcoming school year. In particular, the club welcomes the brand new class of 2022 as well as returning students from College Station and Galveston campuses. Refreshments will be served. Special guests include Dr. Daniel J. Pugh, vice president of student affairs at Texas A&M University, who will answer student and parent questions. Aggie Moms is also pleased to welcome the Femmatas, the one and only all-female a cappella singing group at Texas A&M University.

Each student will receive a Howdy gift bag and can enter the drawing for $200 student scholarships, door prizes and more. The club welcomes families even if their Aggie student can’t make it to the Howdy Party.

The club is an active and growing group of 125 moms and grandmothers. The club kicks off the year with the summer Howdy Party. Starting in September, the club meets monthly for fun and fellowship. All Aggie moms are welcome at the meetings to socialize, meet other Aggie moms, shop for Aggie merchandise and bling at their boutique, and best of all, to enter a student’s name for monetary awards to help pay those tuition bills.

Save the date for their main fundraiser for the 2018-19 academic year – the Singing Cadets concert Jan. 4, 2019 at Northeast Houston Baptist Church. The group is internationally known as the “Voice of Aggieland,” and is Texas A&M University’s premier men’s chorus. More information about the club can be found at khaggiemoms.org.

Jacqueline Havelka
Author: Jacqueline HavelkaEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am a rocket scientist turned writer. I worked at Lockheed Martin-Johnson Space Center for many years managing experiments on the Space Station and Shuttle, and I now own my own firm, Inform Scientific, specializing in technical and medical writing and research program management. I am a contributing correspondent to The Tribune, a Kingwood resident for 12 years, and proud mom to two Aggie sons.