The Summer Creek High School varsity volleyball team went undefeated in District 21-6A last week after starting the season with three consecutive wins.

The Lady Bulldogs swept their first district match against C.E. King Tuesday with a 3-0 win on the road.
On Wednesday, Summer Creek beat Channelview 3-2 during another away game before sweeping North Shore 3-0 at home Friday night.
This week in district, the Lady Bulldogs have an away game versus the Atascocita Eagles on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. On Friday, Summer Creek hosts Goose Creek Memorial at 6:30 p.m.

Since you’re here …

… we’ve got a small favor to ask. More people are reading The Tribune than ever. Advertising revenues across the media  spectrum are falling fast. And unlike many news organizations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The Tribune's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure. Support the only locally owned, locally produced news product in the Lake Houston area.  And thank you!

Bryan Kimbro
Author: Bryan KimbroEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am a sixth-generation Texan and lifelong Houstonian. I have held various positions at The Tribune since beginning in 2009. I am currently pursuing my master's degree in professional writing at the University of Houston.