After tough games in the second games of their seasons to Friendswood and Klein Collins, the Summer Creek Bulldogs and Atascocita Eagles both saw their football teams get back in the win column this past week.

After a 27-19 loss to Friendswood, behind quarterback John Holcombe, the Summer Creek Bulldogs responded with a solid performance and a 42-7 victory over the Goose Creek Memorial Patriots last Thursday night at Turner Stadium.
On their first drive of the game, the Bulldogs took the lead and took command which they would never relinquish.
Thanks in part to a roughing the punter penalty on Goose Creek, and a key 21-yard catch by Deon Cormier, the Bulldogs scored on a 5-yard touchdown run by Holcombe for a 7-0 lead.
Two possessions later, the Bulldogs used a five-play, 37-yard drive to reach the end zone again, this time on a 10-yard touchdown pass to Cormier to make the score 14-0. They would add another touchdown late in the half on a run by Holcombe for a 21-0 lead at halftime.
In the second half, it was more of the same. Summer Creek used a two-play drive to get in the end zone again 23 seconds into the third quarter, this time on a touchdown pass to Kenden Jones to make the score 28-0. Their scoring was capped off with touchdowns from Darius Everette and Eric Adams.

ATASCOCITA
The Atascocita Eagles got back in the win column with a 63-7 win over district foe Kingwood that moves the Eagles to 2-1 for the season.

HUMBLE
The Humble Wildcats football team lost to Splendora 14-7 Saturday night at Turner Stadium. The Wildcats dropped to 1-2 for the season.

KINGWOOD PARK
The Panthers fell to the Porter Spartans 21-17 on a late Porter touchdown pass. The Panthers are 1-2.
This week, more great competition is on deck, as Atascocita hosts Channelview Thursday night, Summer Creek plays at Baytown Sterling Friday night, and Kingwood Park hosts Crosby Friday night.

Before you go …

… we’ve got a small favor to ask. More people are reading The Tribune than ever. Advertising revenues across the media  spectrum are falling fast. And unlike many news organizations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The Tribune's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure. Support the only locally owned, locally produced news product in the Lake Houston area.  And thank you!

Erich Eisenach
Author: Erich EisenachEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am proud to be this area’s Tribune Newspaper voice for Humble, Atascocita, Kingwood, Kingwood Park and Summer Creek High School athletics, a capacity I have served in since the fall of 2011. High school sports are something I have grown to love since I started in this position, watching young kids live out their dreams in competition throughout the area and throughout the state. My greatest thrill in this position was being on Floor Eight at NRG Stadium in December of 2016 when Atascocita High School qualified for the state football semifinals for the first time. Aside from reporting sports, I am a regular parishioner of St. Martha Catholic Church of Kingwood. I am also a two-time graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of Journalism and Mass Communications, and am a proud, but realistic, Nebraska Cornhuskers supporter. I do root for Houston’s local sports teams, but the Huskers are my team forever.