Twenty-nine athletes from Humble ISD signed letters of intent to play college sports Nov. 8 on National Signing Day -- the first day that a high school senior can sign a National Letter of Intent. The event was held at the Charles Bender Performing Arts Center in Humble.

The class includes 17 softball players, headlined by eight from the Kingwood Park Panthers. The 2017 recruits also featured athletes from baseball, basketball, soccer, lacrosse, cross country, swimming, football, volleyball, golf and track and field.

Ten athletes from Kingwood Park High School signed letters of intent, including Alyssa Forrester, softball, UT Tyler; Madison Forrester, softball, Hill College; Bryson Jackson, football, Texas Christian University; Mattie McQuary, softball, UT Tyler; Gretchen Mead, softball, Middle Tennessee State; Hannah Overmyer, volleyball, Tulsa University; MacKenzie Purcell, softball, Temple College; Lauren Singletary, softball, Lubbock Christian University; Mikaela Tellez, softball, East Texas Baptist University; and Kimber Watson, cross country and track, Mississippi College.

Eight athletes from Atascocita High School: Lauren Bazan, softball, Harding University; Alicia De Leon, softball, Lamar University; Lillie Grotenhuis, softball, San Jacinto College; Ransom Jacobson, golf, Houston Baptist University; Tristan Karels, baseball, Northern Oklahoma College; Taylor Smith, volleyball, LeTourneau University; Kyla Snow, softball, Texas Southern University; and Kobe Wilson, basketball, Arkansas State.

Seven athletes from Kingwood High School: Emlyn McGill, lacrosse, Deleware State University; Kayla Janikula, volleyball, University of Mary Hardin at Baylor; Lauren Kuhrt, softball, Newman University; Sydney Kuhrt, softball, Newman University; Madison Lindsey, softball, Baylor University; Connor Richmond, swimming, Dartmouth College; and Maddy Salazar, volleyball, Arizona State (beach volleyball).

Three athletes from Humble High School: Josalyn Contreras, softball, Jarvis Christian College;
Felicia Drake, softball, Southeastern Oklahoma State University; and Emily Nelson, softball, Langston University.
From Summer Creek High school, Damaya Telemaque signed a letter of intent to play basketball at South Alabama University.
Humble ISD hosts three signing day events: the second Wednesday of November, the first Wednesday of February, and the second Wednesday of April.

Bryan Kimbro
Author: Bryan KimbroEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am a sixth-generation Texan and lifelong Houstonian. I have held various positions at The Tribune since beginning in 2009. I am currently pursuing my master's degree in professional writing at the University of Houston.