Humble ISD hosted a signing day event on Feb. 7 to recognize 42 athletes who signed letters of intent to participate in college athletics. The event was held at The Overlook Event Center located at 20114 Pinehurst Drive in Atascocita.

The student-athletes were: Julian Rojas, Cisco Junior College; Ashley Borland, Concordia University; Joseph Gardner, Stephen F. Austin; Arianna West, Sam Houston State University; Jaylon Allen, University of Memphis; Travian Blaylock, University of Wisconsin-Madison; Miguel Chavezplata, Northwestern Oklahoma; Caleb Cooks, University of Mount Union; Deon Cormier, McNeese State University; Jocorain Deal, Kilgore Junior College; Kendall Dearth, Tarleton State University; Christian Duffie, Kansas State; Cory Edwards, Southern Nazarene University; Chris Elam, Iowa Western Community College; John Goree, Houston Baptist University; John Holcombe, Kansas State; Thyrun Hurst, Concordia University; Kendon Jones, Kilgore Junior College; Shannon Junior, University of Massachusetts; Kevon Kenebrew, University of Mount Union; Xavier Martin, Tyler Junior College; Alex Morris, University of North Texas; Anthony Nichols, Southern Nazarene University; Charles Sheppard, Trinity University; Chris Thomas, Boston University; Andrew Tisdale, Southern Nazarene University; Grayson Blunt, Sam Houston State University; Peyton Cutshall, Vanderbilt University; Natalie Kees, East Texas Baptist University; Eliana Marshall, Trinity University; Caroline Valadez, Houston Baptist University; Haley Lee, Texas A&M University; Jenika Lombrana, Texas A&M International; Macie Pampell, University of Texas Tyler; Kyndal Wallace, Black Hills State; Alexis Baker, University of North Carolina at Asheville; Rachel Hicks, University of Houston; Cameron Kennison, University of Texas Permian Basin; Hunter Trambaugh, Boston University; Benjamin Berkheimer, Schreiner University; Anota Adekunle, Rice University and Regan Wright, College of the Holy Cross.

Bryan Kimbro
Author: Bryan KimbroEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am a sixth-generation Texan and lifelong Houstonian. I have held various positions at The Tribune since beginning in 2009. I am currently pursuing my master's degree in professional writing at the University of Houston.