Nearly 130 million Americans have full-time jobs, but most of them are disengaged at work, feeling no real connection to their companies, and tending to do the bare minimum. For business owners, that’s a recipe for disaster. It’s time to bring back the passion and build a world-class company with strong values and culture.
Enter the definitive manual for making money and a difference: Lead Your Tribe, Love Your Work: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Creating a Culture that Matters [February 6, 2018], by Piyush Patel. As an entrepreneur with more than 20 years of experience, Patel is an innovator in corporate culture who grew his company, Digital-Tutors, into a world leader. Now, he’s revealing the key secrets to transforming your culture from daily survival into a thriving environment—the ultimate guide to creating a tribe to lead and a workplace you love.
“Culture isn't some buzzword. You can manufacture good products and services, but you can't manufacture good culture,” says Patel. “Leaders can provide opportunities, but true loyalty has to grow naturally. Real culture comes from the heart.”
In Lead Your Tribe, Love Your Work, Patel offers an insider’s perspective on how to unify your team around a common purpose by uncovering your core values. He zeroes in on essential elements that will elevate your company by harnessing the strength of millennials, attaining true staff longevity, and creating a lasting model for success.
Using real-life examples and practical takeaways, Patel challenges readers to rethink their current paths, unveiling:
- The business-owner wake-up call: How to tell when your company culture is flailing and what to do to fix it
- The key to employee retention is BAM—Belonging, Affirmation, and Meaning
- Secrets to successful onboarding: How to make new employees feel like they already belong
- Constructive “uncomfortable” conversations: Tips for getting positive results from conflict
- Four questions to ask your employees to get a pulse on your company’s culture
- When successful businesses happen to poor leaders: Identify negative initiatives and reshape your company before it’s too late
- How to spot the difference between ‘real’ and ‘faux’ culture: Why companies who only focuses perks can still be toxic
“This is my challenge for you: start working yourself out of a job,” adds Patel. “As a business owner, your role isn't to be the glue that holds your company together forever. If so, then as soon as you're gone, your business will be too.”
Piyush Patel is an entrepreneur and an innovator in corporate culture with more than 20 years of experience. As the founder of Digital-Tutors, a world-leading online training company, he has helped educate more than one million students in digital animation, with clients including Pixar, Apple and NASA.
A former Northern Oklahoma College professor, Patel grew frustrated with outdated training materials, and launched a multi-million- dollar company from his living room.
Patel has since given a TedX, won numerous awards acknowledging his trend-setting entrepreneurship, and continues to advise and speak around the world.
Lead Your Tribe, Love Your Work is available Amazon in February, 2018.
REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST