Noteworthy construction is underway on both edges of the Lake Houston area.

On the north end of Lake Houston, another major distribution center may join the recently completed Lowe’s Distribution Center at East Montgomery County Improvement District’s (EMCID) Industrial Park in New Caney.

And, on the far south end of Lake Houston, McCord Development has announced construction will soon begin on an event space in Generation Park, their 4,200-acre commercial and residential development.

First, in East Montgomery County, the new Lowe’s Distribution Center is now Montgomery County’s largest industrial building, checking in at 1.5 million square feet, according to Frank McCrady, president and CEO of the East Montgomery County Improvement District.

“It is hard to see from one end of the building to the other,” McCrady told virtual viewers at Partnership Lake Houston’s Kingwood BizCom Dec. 2. “They have already hired 75 employees and are in the process of hiring up to 200.”

EMCID is negotiating with another company, McCrady revealed, “for another 900,000 square feet. That company will be disclosed in the future and is another large warehouse industrial project looking to move to our industrial park.”

McCrady says the needs of major company supply chains have created opportunities for East Montgomery as companies look to reset their supply chains.

“A tremendous amount of development is what we have experienced lately, and we see that not going away until 2023,” he said.

McCrady recited a long list of well-known retail and restaurant businesses which are moving to Valley Ranch including Target and Home Goods which will be anchored next to the existing Academy location.

Dave’s Hot Chicken, Jersey Mike’s, Mister Car Wash, and Grab ‘n Go Tacos will locate to Valley Ranch.

McCrady briefly mentioned Valley Ranch’s commerce district found on the southern side of the Grand Parkway and Highway 59.

“These will be tall, vertical corporate relocations for businesses we have been engaged with to be built in the next few years,” he said. “We see some opportunities for relocations and entertainment venues to be placed there. That is where you have probably seen a lot of the dirt and fill that has been moved around to get it ready for development.”

At Generation Park, the 4,200-acre commercial and residential development just south of Beltway 8, McCord Development previewed plans to build the Long House, an 8,000-square-foot event hall for banquets, quinceaneras, business functions and the like.

“We will be able to host all of those and more right at the hall which will be next to the Courtyard by Marriott,” said Ian Adler, McCord’s director of marketing. “And near the event hall will be a wine and cocktail bar.”

Tom Broad
Author: Tom BroadEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Columnist
Besides being a proud graduate of The University of Nebraska-Lincoln and, therefore, a Cornhusker, I am retired from Memorial Hermann. I am a correspondent and columnist for Lake Houston's hometown paper, The Tribune, as well as a director of the Lake Houston Redevelopment Corporation, a member of the board of the Humble Area Assistance Ministries, and Volunteer Extraordinaire for the Lake Houston Area Chamber.

Comments (2)

This comment was minimized by the moderator on the site

HOW I GOT BACK MY EX WITH THE HELP OF DR OGAGA CONTACT HIM ON WHATSAPP +2347059387282

I want to quickly tell the world that there is a real online spell caster that is powerful and genuine, His name is Dr Ogaga, He helped me recently to reunite...

HOW I GOT BACK MY EX WITH THE HELP OF DR OGAGA CONTACT HIM ON WHATSAPP +2347059387282

I want to quickly tell the world that there is a real online spell caster that is powerful and genuine, His name is Dr Ogaga, He helped me recently to reunite my relationship with my husband who left me, When i contacted Dr Ogaga he cast a love spell for me and my husband who said he doesn't have anything to do with me again called me and started begging me. he is back now with so much love and caring. today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the powers to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. To anyone who is reading this article and needs any help, Dr. Ogaga can also offer any types of help like Reuniting of marriage and relationship, love spell, ex back and lot's more. You can contact him via this email

[email protected] OR [email protected]

WhatsApp: +2347059387282

Read More
Elizabeth
This comment was minimized by the moderator on the site

HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK & HOW I GOT MY EX LOVER. BACK I want to thank Dr Omokpo for saving my marriage. My husband treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my husband...

HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK & HOW I GOT MY EX LOVER. BACK I want to thank Dr Omokpo for saving my marriage. My husband treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my husband has changed towards me. Then he told me to contact: {[email protected]}that he will help me bring my husband back to being a good man. That this great man helped her too.

Then I contacted him after 3 days of casting the spell my husband came back home and I forgive him and today we are living in joy and happiness If you are going through any relationship stress or broken marriage situation and you want your Ex lover, Ex boyfriend, Ex girlfriend or Divorced husband or wife back you reach him via: [email protected]

Read More
CELINE
There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location