Houston, TX - Mayor Pro Tem Dave Martin is pleased to announce a roadside ditch rehabilitation project conducted by the Storm Water Action Team (SWAT) in Forest Cove, began Monday, July 27, 2020. The project area includes Cypress Lane and Palmetto Lane. The map below shows the project limits highlighted in red. The scope of work includes:
- Regrading and re-establishing of the roadside ditches
- Replacing of the culverts and resetting them to match the flow line of the ditch
- Replacing the driveway where the culverts are replaced
- Increasing the capacity of any culverts less than 24 inches in diameter
- Removing any unpermitted culverts or other encroachments in the City Right of Way.
Crews will be on site working Monday through Saturday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, and the work is expected to be complete by November 24, weather permitting. Construction will not impact any water or sewer services.
One lane adjacent to the work zone may be closed during construction. Temporary loss of driveway access, lane closures, construction noise and debris, and limited roadside parking are possible while the project is being completed.
As a result of the construction activities, please be aware of flagmen and orange traffic cones that will be put in place on site to help with traffic flow through the construction zone as the project will require one lane closure. Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times. Businesses and residents will have access to driveways and sidewalks at all times, and may experience an increase in noise levels due to trucks and equipment in the area.