With three days remaining for candidates to officially file their intention to run for one of the four open positions for the Humble ISD Board of Trustees, Position 4 incumbent Charles Cunningham has completed his paperwork and submitted it to Humble ISD.
Cunningham, a long-time employee of Center-Point Energy, has served on the board since 2007. He is chairman of the Board’s Audit Committee and serves as the Board's representative to the Humble ISD Education Foundation, as well as serving on both the Finance and Building and Planning Committees. He also has a board of director position on the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB).
Candidates have until Friday February 17 to officially file. Four of the seven school board positions—positions 1, 3, 4 and 5-- are up for reelection in May.
As of February 14, six people have formally filed to run:
- Position 1: Incumbent Robert Sitton has filed
- Position 3: Incumbent Angela Conrad has filed
- Position 4: Incumbent Charles Cunningham has filed. No challengers have officially filed yet.
- Position 5: This position is being vacated by Brent Engelage in May. Several candidates have filed their intent to run for this position, including Martina Dixon, Rolando Iseas Cruz and Lohit Datta-Barua.
According to the Humble ISD District, several other candidates have picked up packets. The 135-page packet can also be downloaded here: http://humbleisd.net/Page/90570, or interested parties may pick up packets and applications may be placed in person or mailed to Humble Independent School District Administration Building, Beverly Aden, 20200 Eastway Village Drive Humble, TX 77338.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- US citizenship
- Age 18 or older
- No felony convictions
- Registered voter
- Resident of the state for 12 months before the deadline and of the district for six months before the filing deadline of Feb 17