A fire at the mansion of boxing legend George Foreman erupted inside the garage and caused some smoke and water damage to some of the 40 automobiles stored inside, officials said.

The fire erupted at about 10 p.m. Sunday, April 14 in the 29500 block of Martelly Way at Lake Common Way, officials reported.

When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from the back of the garage and determined that a golf cart had sparked the blaze, according to the Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office.

Rachel Moreno with the Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office said the 40 or so vehicles looked to be in good shape, but some may have sustained smoke or water damage.

Foreman sent out a tweet shortly after the incident to reassure fans that all was well: “Don’t worry all is well, Dogs are barking and I don’t mean my feet. Thanks to all the fire fighters. Huffman, Houston New Caney. Atascocita. All them guy and women (sic).”

This story comes to us from our news partner, Patch.com.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

  1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location