After splitting their two non-district games, the Atascocita Eagles football team has had an impressive three weeks.
In their first two district games, they grabbed dominant victories over Kingwood and Channelview.

And last Friday night, with Houston Texans players Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins in attendance, the Eagles took a big step forward with a win in their biggest district test, 38-21 at North Shore.
In the first half, both teams traded scores in a half that was even. The Eagles struck first on a 67-yard touchdown run by Jack Roe, which was just the beginning of his big night.
After that, Zach Evans scored twice for North Shore to put them ahead, but a 19-yard touchdown run by Atascocita’s Payton Harden tied it up at the half, 14-14.
Then, in the third quarter, the Eagles went to work and busted the game wide open. After a fumble set up a Tristan Heaton field goal to put the Eagles in the lead, Roe struck again, this time for a 49-yard touchdown run to make it 24-14.
Then, both teams scored touchdowns to make it 31-21 (Atascocita’s coming on a fumble recovery in the end zone), Roe put the final finishing touch on this game with a 37-yard touchdown that capped a seven-play, 63-yard drive.
With the win, the Eagles move to 4-1 overall and 3-0 in district play; they are one of two undefeated teams remaining in 21-6A.

Bryan Kimbro
Author: Bryan KimbroEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am a sixth-generation Texan and lifelong Houstonian. I have held various positions at The Tribune since beginning in 2009. I am currently pursuing my master's degree in professional writing at the University of Houston.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location