As the sports world, from the professional level to college and all the way down to high school, takes a halt for the safety of the public during the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, one thing has not changed.

The Atascocita Eagles continue to excel on the baseball diamond and in softball as well.

On the softball field, Ashley Boyd’s Lady Eagles, who won the state title two seasons ago, are a force to be reckoned with once again.

In their first six games of the season, in middle to late February, the Lady Eagles won them all, and not only that, they did so in dominant fashion. They outscored their opponents 65-12 and won three different games by 10 or more runs. One of these was a district win, 11-0 over Kingwood. 

After losing to Deer Park in a nine-inning game, 5-4, they won five out of six games at the Oak Ridge Tournament, with the loss also being by one run, 4-3 to Oak Ridge.

After the Oak Ridge tournament, the Lady Eagles continued their winning ways, winning four straight games.

Most of those games, like the opening six game-win streak, were by large margins.

They beat Sam Rayburn 15-0, South Houston 10-0, Pasadena Memorial 5-3 and Dobie 10-4 to remain perfect in district.

Their last game was Tuesday, March 10, which they lost to Splendora. The Eagles currently sit at 15-3 and 5-0 in district competition at the moment.

On the baseball field, the Eagles saw an up-and-down, out-of-district slate before taking on Kingwood March 10 in their district opener.

The Eagles won a tight contest, 3-2. Pasadena, Humble and Summer Creek also won their district openers.

Erich Eisenach
Author: Erich EisenachEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am proud to be this area’s Tribune Newspaper voice for Humble, Atascocita, Kingwood, Kingwood Park and Summer Creek High School athletics, a capacity I have served in since the fall of 2011. High school sports are something I have grown to love since I started in this position, watching young kids live out their dreams in competition throughout the area and throughout the state. My greatest thrill in this position was being on Floor Eight at NRG Stadium in December of 2016 when Atascocita High School qualified for the state football semifinals for the first time. Aside from reporting sports, I am a regular parishioner of St. Martha Catholic Church of Kingwood. I am also a two-time graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of Journalism and Mass Communications, and am a proud, but realistic, Nebraska Cornhuskers supporter. I do root for Houston’s local sports teams, but the Huskers are my team forever.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location